our humble efforts
Many kids throughout the world have no means to care for their oral health. The dental clinic is too far away. They don’t have toothpaste and they don’t have a toothbrush. What they do have is an increasingly sugary diet. The result is often pain, tooth loss, missing school, disability, and impaired psychological and physical development.
Humble Smile Foundation, a group of dedicated dental professionals and academics, develops models whereby volunteer teams work together with local school staff to promote specific behaviour-based preventive oral health initiatives that include dietary interventions, monitored toothbrushing and clinical procedures.
Other activities include: advocacy, education; research, hand-washing and urgent oral care.
The school is transformed into an oral health-promoting school. So too, the dental student volunteers undergo a learning and personal transformation.
Our Humble vision is to help prevent suffering caused by oral disease. We do this by promoting effective oral health initiatives anywhere in the world where unmet needs are great.
We are committed to the core values outlined by the Coalition for Responsible Short-term Global Health Experiences:
• Host country and community empowerment to define needs and activity
• Humility, cultural sensitivity, mutuality and respect for all involved
• Mutual partnerships with two directional learning
• Compliance with applicable laws, ethical standards, and codes of conduct
• Sustainable programs and capacity building
• Accountability for actions
interested in news and discount codes?
sign up and take part of what we have to offer!